Tuesday, May 17, 2016

eCommunicaton

Spring break 2015 was a really exciting time because I was accepted into the  e-Communication program at Olathe Northwest High school. I was excited to start a new journey as an e-Comm student and learn the four strands, Graphic Design, Video, Animation, and Web Design.
For each quarter, I learned the basic structures of each strand. In Graphic Design I learned how to use adobe illustrator and to use basic shape to make amazing pictures (like batman). I learned how to used final cut pro in video. We learned about the six shot system and camera angles. In animation I learned how to use photoshop and learned the fundamentals of animation.
I learned everything from video tutorials, teacher lectures, and collaboration with other students. The teachers all helped and made sure you understood the criteria. After we learned we worked on the assigned project and actually did it.

Each of the strands are important because they speak to people in different ways. For example, in Graphic Design you use CARP to make your projects compelling. In video you can make something amazing for other people to see and it was a good introduction to what we can do in our next years.
I feel like I am really good in video. I enjoy designing the shots and the filming processes and seeing the film come together in the end. I also enjoyed Graphic Design. I thought it was so cool how many things you make out of simple circles #BATMAN.  I struggled with animation and web design. It wasn’t that it was hard it just didn’t click with me. I did enjoy it but I just didn’t understand how it worked. I feel like i’ve improved not only with the skills my teachers have taught me but with my people skills.
I will take what i have learned with e9 throughout the rest of my e-Comm career and also throughout my life. I have learned the importance of time management, project management, organization, collaboration,  communication, and the importance teamwork.
Next year i would hope e9 students have the same experience I had. I would like to thank my teachers for helping me learn everything and make my transition into high school easy. 

I’m excited for my next three years in eComm. With everything i’ve learned it has helped me not only as an e-Communication Student but as a  person too.

No comments:

Post a Comment