Friday, January 27, 2017

11x 17 Vignelli poster



Topic 
I have been studying Massimo Vignelli since the beginning of December. I like his art work and it inspired me to continue using his work as an example. I used his work to inspire my poster by basing it off of vibrant colors and the Manhattan street signs.  When writing "Mass" at the top I chose colors that would stand out on top on the black background because Massimo Vignelli believed in a severe  color palette. The address at the bottom is in circles to show Vignelli's Manhattan street sign design.

My research
After studying Vignelli for so long i've noticed how seriously I take what he says. He believes in the functionality of design and I feel like I have started paying attention to that in all of my work.

Creating my 20 sketches
I found when I was looking at Vingelli's work I could think of more designs for my poster. I ended up making 23 sketches because Vignelli had so many great idea that I felt Like I could use as a influence in my work. I feel like my poster speaks Vignelli and I did well with sticking to my sketches. 

Process in Illustrator
I made two designs in Illustrator but this one was my favorite because not only is it Massimo Vignelli but it also has a little nit of me in it. I liked making this clean and concise and I am proud of how well it turned out. I never really had any big problems while I was creating it in Illustrator. 

Conclusion
I really liked being able to make a poster based on Vignelli because I belie he can teach people a lot. I love hoe clean his designs are and I  find his work relaxing and original.

No comments:

Post a Comment