Monday, December 5, 2016

Kim Peek Feature story

In my feature story I interviewed my mom who beat breast cancer. I had her talk about her situation and how she stayed positive through it all. I feel like I didn't really have a narrative lede but I had a shot of my mom running with the leaves and it symbolized life and improvement for  my mom. If I were to do the assignment again I think I would have had more of a narrative lede that hooked you into the story. I feel like having my dad be my second source really complimented the video because its a perspective of someone who loves her like no other and it shows how we all were able to stick together. I feel like without the his interview the story would have just been long. I feel like it added the emotion it needed to add to make the feature story special. I enjoyed getting to see my mom running and I really love that she's so positive and let me make my story about her. I enjoyed being out side shooting my video because it helped me find a lot of aesthetically pleasing. I find editing really peaceful but for this specific piece it was really hard to get through it just because of all of the emotions. I didn't run into any problems with editing or shooting so i very much enjoyed making this feature story. I feel like I got a lot of compliments and as much as I like that I wish I could have had more critiques so I knew what to fix. Overall I enjoyed the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment